If you know Adam L. Kuban from anything, it’s probably from Slice, A Hamburger Today, and/or Serious Eats. Adam founded Slice in 2003 to document his own exploration of the NYC pizza scene and to help others find their own path to perfect pizza. In 2005 he co-founded A Hamburger Today. In late 2006 the as-yet-unlaunched food website Serious Eats bought both those sites from Adam and brought him on board to serve as SE‘s founding editor.
Adam currently works by day at nycgo.com, NYC’s official visitors guide; by night* as a pizzamaker at Paulie Gee’s, and by occasional Saturday at MARGOT’S PIZZA, the pop-up pizzeria he’ll be opening as a full-fledged pizza parlor.
* Well, one night a week, anyway.
More about Adam
- Interview with Adam Kuban in ‘Pizza: A Slice of American History’ [M'sP, 2014-09-15]
- Where Are They Now: Adam Kuban [Ben Leventhal, 2014-08-20]
- The 20 Greatest Food Bloggers of All Time [First We Feast, 2013-08-27]
- In the Belly of the Blog [Food & Wine, 2008-03]
More about Margot’s Pizza
- The 18 Best Pizza Places in NYC [Gothamist, 2014-09-18]
- Pizza Expert Adam Kuban Recreates The Bar Pie With Margot’s Pizza [Gothamist, 2014-08-21]
- Bar Pie Pro Adam Kuban Plans Permanent Margot’s Pizza [Eater, 2014-08-21]
- Pop-Up Pizza That’s Raising the Bar [Brooklyn Based, 2014-06-23]
- Adam Kuban’s Bar Pie Pop-Up: Feeling Like a Proud Papa [SE, 2014-05-02]
- The Best Bar-Style Pizzas in NYC Are Coming from a Pop-Up Pizza Shop that Technically Doesn’t Even Exist Yet [I Dream of Pizza, 2014-04-23]