If you know Adam L. Kuban from anything, it’s probably from Slice, A Hamburger Today, and/or Serious Eats. Adam founded Slice in 2003 to document his own exploration of the NYC pizza scene and to help others find their own path to perfect pizza. In 2005 he co-founded A Hamburger Today. Both were enormously influential and served as templates for food-blogging in general. In late 2006 the as-yet-unlaunched food website Serious Eats bought both those sites from Adam and brought him on board to serve as SE‘s founding editor, a position he held until early 2011. During that time he created the voice and tone of the site and helped guide it to two James Beard Awards in 2010.
Adam currently works by day at nycgo.com, NYC’s official visitors guide. He has, until recently, moonlit (moonlighted?) at night as a pizzamaker at Paulie Gee’s. By occasional Saturday he hosts MARGOT’S PIZZA, the pop-up pizzeria he’ll be opening as a full-fledged pizza parlor.
More about Adam
- The King of the Pizza Nerds Is Opening His Own Restaurant [Bloomberg Business, 2015-05-07]
- Interview with Adam Kuban in ‘Pizza: A Slice of American History’ [M’sP, 2014-09-15]
- Where Are They Now: Adam Kuban [Ben Leventhal, 2014-08-20]
- The 20 Greatest Food Bloggers of All Time [First We Feast, 2013-08-27]
- In the Belly of the Blog [Food & Wine, 2008-03]
More about Margot’s Pizza
- The best New York pizzas [Time Out New York, 2015-04-22]
- The 18 Best Pizza Places in NYC [Gothamist, 2014-09-18]
- Pizza Expert Adam Kuban Recreates The Bar Pie With Margot’s Pizza [Gothamist, 2014-08-21]
- Bar Pie Pro Adam Kuban Plans Permanent Margot’s Pizza [Eater, 2014-08-21]
- Pop-Up Pizza That’s Raising the Bar [Brooklyn Based, 2014-06-23]
- Adam Kuban’s Bar Pie Pop-Up: Feeling Like a Proud Papa [SE, 2014-05-02]
- The Best Bar-Style Pizzas in NYC Are Coming from a Pop-Up Pizza Shop that Technically Doesn’t Even Exist Yet [I Dream of Pizza, 2014-04-23]