The next pop-up is August 16.
It is a ticketed pop-up — sorry, no walk-ups!
Margot’s Pizza pop-up No. 4 will take place SATURDAY, AUGUST 16, 2014 from NOON to 2PM.
Ticket sale date TBA, but first, here’s what you should know…
Like last time, we’ll be doing a…
$25 prix fixe lunch menu
one 12″ bar pizza plus a salad OR one drink credit* (your choice)
* Drink credit applies to beer, wine, or soft drinks; EMILY’s signature cocktails are available at regular prices
choose one of the following:
– MARGOT-RITA: sauce, Romano, cheese, basil, +oregano (V)
– FUNGHITOWN: sauce, Romano, cheese, three-mushroom mix, +truffled sottocenere (V)
– PEPPERONI: sauce, Romano, cheese, pepperoni
– LOVE SUPREME: sauce, Romano, cheese, sausage, diced green pepper, shaved red onion, +oregano, +black pepper (also available with vegan sausage)
choose one of the following:
– KALE SALAD: dried cherries, shaved pecorino Romano, sherry-thyme vinaigrette
– ARUGULA SALAD: citrus, pistachio oil, toasted nuts
– 1 DRINK CREDIT: good for 1 soft drink, beer, or glass of wine. (EMILY’s signature cocktails excluded from credit but are available at regular price. See drinks menu [pdf]. Cash only)
This will be a ticketed event. Here’s why. Just know that we won’t have pizzas on a walk-up basis.
Tickets will go on sale Saturday, July 5, with an on-sale announcement going out via our email list.
(If this update seems like a tease, just know that I’m posting this up BEFORE we open ticketing so you understand what you’re buying.)
- We’re going to sell tickets in time slots. You will purchase tickets for a particular time, and that is the time when your pizza will be ready for you
- The tickets get you a $25 prix fixe lunch, which will include one 12″ bar-style pizza PLUS your choice of either a drink credit or a salad
Timing and pick-up
Arrive at EMILY at your ticketed time and present the host with your ticket(s). You are then free to grab a table or take your pizza/meal to go. (Note: It’s a better experience if you stay. The dining room is lovely, we have a killer music playlist, and the pizza will be fresher. But who are we to stop you? Do note: alcohol cannot leave the premises.)
Late arrivals: If you’re late, we’ll do our best to get you a fresh-from-the-oven pie, but we may have to hold your pizza in a box above the oven where it’s warm. We’re cooking these on a pre-set schedule to minimize wait time and we start them ahead of time assuming you’ll arrive at the ticketed time. Due to space limitations and time constraint, we can’t cook them to order when you show up (see this long-ass update).
See you there!
We’re looking forward to seeing you at Margot’s Pizza at EMILY. We’re excited to bring bar-style pizza to a wider audience than just the Margot’s Pizza test kitchen.
If you haven’t yet, check out what people are saying about our bar pizzas:
“This isn’t your ordinary pizza.” —Michael W., Michael W. Travels
“…it’s the type of simple, well-made cheesy pie that would inspire cries of devotion at a bar around 2am…” —Brendan Spiegel, Brooklyn Based
“The best bar-style pizzas in NYC are coming from a pop-up pizza shop that technically doesn’t even exist yet.” —Jason Feirman, I Dream of Pizza
” I’m here to tell you that Adam’s bar pies, based on a single sampling, are more than ready for prime time. ” —Ed Levine, Serious Eats
Any questions, feel free to contact me via email or Twitter. —Adam Kuban